New Orleans Downtown Irish Club
The Downtown Irish Club, Inc is a social organization dedicated to preserving and perpetuating the Irish Identity in the New Orleans. Celebrating our Irish heritage throughout each and every year since 1976, the Downtown Irish Club maintains that "everyone is Irish for a day", making our membership rich and diverse. Marching from founders' Roy Markey, Sr. and Edward "Bud Rip" Ripoll Jr.'s fine establishments in the Bywater to the heart of the French Quarter, we are the only club to march on St. Patrick's Day proper.
UPCOMING EVENTS - 2018
- January 18 - General Meeting- Markey's, 7:00.
- February 15th- Board Meeting
- February 22nd- General Meeting, Bud Rip's, 7:00.
- February 24th - Grand Marshal Party- Deutsches Haus, 1023 Ridgewood Dr, Metairie, 7:00 to 11:00. Food by Fresh Fork Catering, open bar. Cost $50 per couple. Tickets available at general meeting.
- March 1st- Board Meeting, Pirogue's.
- March 4th - Block Party- The Ironworks, 612 Piety St, 12:00 to 5:00 PM. Music by Harvey Jesus. Food, drinks, prizes, merchandise vendors, 50/50 drawing. Cost $5, kids free.
- March 8th- Board Meeting, TBA
- March 10th- Limo Ride- Meet at Jack Dempsey's for 11:00, leave at 12:00.
- March 15th- General Meeting, Bud Rip's, 7:00.
- March 17th - Parade, 6:00 start, line up at 4:00.