New Orleans Downtown Irish Club
The Downtown Irish Club, Inc is a social organization dedicated to preserving and perpetuating the Irish Identity in the New Orleans. Celebrating our Irish heritage throughout each and every year since 1976, the Downtown Irish Club maintains that "everyone is Irish for a day", making our membership rich and diverse. Marching from founders' Roy Markey, Sr. and Edward "Bud Rip" Ripoll Jr.'s fine establishments in the Bywater to the heart of the French Quarter, we are the only club to march on St. Patrick's Day proper.
UPCOMING EVENTS - 2017
- January 19th - General Meeting- Markey's, 7:00.
- February 7th- Board Meeting
- February 9th- General Meeting, Bud Rip's, 7:00.
- February 11th - Grand Marshal Party- Deutsches Haus, 1023 Ridgewood Dr, Metairie, 7:00 to 11:00. Music by R&B singing group BRW. Food by Fresh Fork Catering, open bar. Cost $75 per couple. Please RSVP by Feb 6th.
- February 21st- Board Meeting, Jack Dempsey's
- February 28th- Mardi Gras
- March 5th - Block Party- The Ironworks, 612 Piety St, 12:00 to 5:00 PM. Music by Harvey Jesus. Food, drinks, prizes, merchandise vendors, 50/50 drawing. Cost $5, kids free.
- March 4th- Limo Ride- Meet at Markey's for 11:00, leave at 12:00.
- March 13th-Board Meeting
- March 14th - General Meeting, Bud Rip's, 7:00.
- March 17th - Parade, 6:00 start, line up at 4:00.